Buying a house :

– Foreigners must receive an Alien Land Holding License (Download PDF form)

Buying a land :

– Foreigners may buy up to .5 acre for building (flexible)

– Minimum build surface is 2000 square feet (gross external floor area). Minimum setback of buildings from side boundary is 6 feet and from front and back boundary is 16ft. or 2/3 the height of the building, whichever is greater. (Plans for application)

– Construction must be completed within 18 months from the date the License is issued (flexible)

Stamp and Transfer taxes :

– 10% on houses or 11.5% on raw land

Renting out :

– Annual renting fee of US$2,500 for the first 2000 square feet (gov page)

– 10% accommodation tax are required (gov page)